(this is a now page). Input, output.
- Running. Training for two half marathons this year, with the goal of running a full marathon next year. Interested in running? Start with zero-drop (barefoot) shoes and don't go back.
- Climbing. I was able to briefly climb V8s indoors but want to start learning top-roped spot climbing too.
- Business'ing. Running Dragon Blood Balm in addition to a full time life and day job.
- Reading. I've been perennially guilty of buying more books than I actually read, and hope to make 2020 the year of more books read than acquired. Easier said than done when the world is so interesting.
- Python3. After years of HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP-based projects, I'm realizing the more data-intensive applications I'm looking to build are better served by Python, and I'm relying less on web components (or creating web functions).
- Finance and accounting. Things you need to know to run a business.
- Metalearning. Learning how to learn, how to learn better.
A few years ago I made a conscious choice to pare down what media I consume. Rather than staring down a firehouse of unfiltered information, I prefer to get longer, curated, more thoughtful pieces from people whose opinions and perspectives I find interesting or challenging. Most of these are private communications.
- Studio D Radiodurams Newsletter by Jan Chipchase (Design and Business)
- "Irrational Exurberence" by Will Larson (Business and Technology)
- Stratechery by Ben Thompson (Business and Technology)
- Benedict Evan's Newsletter (Business and Technology)
- Andrew Chen's Newsletter (Business and Technology)
- Epsilon Theory (Finance)
- Of Dollars and Data (Finance)
- Barry Ritholtz's 10 Things in the Morning (Finance)
- Peter Attia (Health)
- Victor Zhou (Technology)
- Farnam Street Newsletter by Shane Parrish (Thoughtful)
- Craig Mod's Roden (Thoughtful)
- Dan Hon's "Things That Have Caught My Attention" (Thoughtful)
- Wait By Why (Thoughtful)
- Ribbonfarm (Thoughtful)
- Orbital Operations by Warren Ellis (Writing, Thoughtful)
- Robin Sloan's Newsletter (Writing, Thoughtful)
- Brand New / Under Consideration (Design, Creative)
- Sidebar.io (Design)
- Jarrett Fuller's Monthly Dispatch (Design)
- LeanLuxe (Fashion, Design)
- Business of Fashion (Business, Fashion)
- Masters in Business by Barry Ritholtz (Business, Finance, Thoughtful)
- The Tim Ferris Show (Thoughtful, Self Improvement)
- The Knowledge Project by Shane Parrish (Thoughtful, Self Improvement)
- On Margins (Creative, Thoughtful)
- Tiny Desk Concerts (Music)
- Song Exploder (Music)
- Bandcamp Weekly (Music)
- Spotify's Discover Weekly (Music)